Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

One Page Blog Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it normal to have a one page blog and metrics for pages per session that are above 1 and a bounce rate below 100%? It's also generating numbers for average session duration and time on page. 

A few details:

-There is a video on the site but we aren't doing any event tracking 

-There are three pdfs at the bottom of the page. When you click on them a new page opens. They never show up on "All Pages" so I imagine they aren't being tracked

-There is a navigation bar at the top of the page. When you click on it, it'll automatically scroll you down to the relevant section of the page. 

Could there be a second engagement metric on the page other than page view? Or could their be another reason these metrics are displaying these numbers? 

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

One Page Blog Metrics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is possible that your click to scroll down is actually reloading the same page with a tag on the URL, so GA would see it as a second pageview for the same page -- the second hit would give you a time on page and drop the bounce rate.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

One Page Blog Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aah ok. I'll look into that. Thank you!