AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

October 1st dropoff rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am not sure what is going on but I have made no changes to my website but starting October 1st, my drop off rate went from 57% up to 98%+.  I am so confused as to why this would happen with no changes to my website.  Does anyone know?  Or has anyone noticed the same issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

My drop off rates seem to be steady from a historical trend analysis point of view, when I use the GA UI they also seem to be within a normal range. Are any of your other metrics showing a wide swing?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Jamie R,

If you've ruled out any possible changes to the website, then check to see if any of your Analytics configurations might have changed, like a filter or something.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn