Number has unreasonable changes after segmentation
We found a problem about segmentation and users report.
Please see below images, we used segmentation to find specific users.
I only changed the time period on upper right corner, you can see the number of 201603 changed a lot, from 8 millions to 10 millions.
Anyone know the reason and how to explain it?
Re: Number has unreasonable changes after segmentation
This is probably due to how sampling is being applied to generate report faster when you hit 500k sessions as a standard user. Take a note of the yellow box below each date range filter.
The report for March (first report) is based off 1.14% of the sessions.
The report for February and March (second report) is based off 0.65% of the sessions.
Note that by doubling 0.65%, we are actually looking at 1.3% of total sessions per month, which is more than the 1.14% used in the first report. This tells us that we will probably have more traffic counted for the March report. In addition, February is a shorter month, so larger sessions of traffic are accounted for the month of March in the second report than the first.