Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Not sure where CPC/PPC traffic is coming from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't seem to figure out where this traffic is coming from. In my non-paid standard profile view, I consistently see a handful of visits labelled as "cpc" or "ppc" every month. The reason this confusing is because, we don't send ANY paid traffic to our main website domain (my standard profile view). 

I have separate views set up specifically for paid search pages, and those seem to be tracking fine. Just not sure where this small amount of "paid search" visits is coming from on my standard profile view (non-paid pages).

Has anyone seen this happening before? I'm curious how to find out if this is real paid traffic somehow making its way over to my non-paid pages, or if GA is just incorrectly labelling some organic traffic, etc.

Here is a screenshot of these visits from June 2016: http://grab.by/RhVq

Re: Not sure where CPC/PPC traffic is coming from?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I think that the campaign names for that visits are CPC or PPC
It can happen , if you will have URL that was generated with URL builder, where in campaign Campaign Source you have PPC or CPC