Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Not sure if proper place for this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so if you type in a sports team such as Manchester United, you'll get a list of most recent results in Google right? What is that feature called and how do you get into parentership with Google to get this enabled on your site? I work with a very high traffic site and this implementation would help manage traffic during peak interest periods without suffering outages.

Secondary question, what would the effects on site statistics be? Would they even count as visits/page views?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not sure if proper place for this

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have a look at the Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) -- it might be what you are looking for.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mike,

I think it is close, but I wanted to specifically find the service that surfaces the results to the 1st "card" of the search results page. I think the CSE is extremely close but I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for (unless the feature is only turned on after implementing the CSE - in which case, I'm jumping the gun here).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ah...I think what you are looking for is the old autocomplete api. It was shutdown in august of last year. https://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ca/2015/07/update-on-autocomplete-api.html Mike
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike, Almost there. If you can see the screen shot i've attached below - this is what I'm talking about... So where the last results come through...Hope this is easy to find Smiley Happy Mike

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
sorry - no screen shot visible....