Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

No traffic showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was playing around with filters yesterday, (with the intention of getting rid of referral spam) but then suddenly today one of my sites is showing zero traffic - zero anything...

I have looked for an answer via google and still have no idea what to do.  I deleted the filters, (in case that's what it was)... but it's still the same.  It's been less than a day, so I wondered whether it needed 24hrs to readjust?

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No traffic showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie H,

Yes, please give it up to 24 hours for the data to adjust. In the future you can consider creating a view specifically for playing around with filters so that you don't inadvertently modify your data in an unwanted way.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you - how do I create a view for that? Any info welcome thanks, I'm a newbie to analytics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie,

You can go to your GA interface, and then for a particular property, click on the "View" dropdown, and then select "Create new view", at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
great thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalie H
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No problem. So within the new view, you could create your filters to test out, and then once it's doing what you want it to do, you can then replicate that filter in your production view. Note also that it is always a good idea to create a raw view as well that has no filters applied to it. This can serve as a back up of all your GA data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good advice thanks --- I have also resolved the other problem. Turns out it wasn't me - my website support had switched off all my plugins, including my all in one SEO. So, it's back up and running. I will follow your advice now though thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicky, I have created 2 views within my GA account. One with filters and one with raw data and no filters. The filtered view shows 0 traffic. No activity at all. I have set up 3 Exclude Campaign Source filters and a filter to exclude our office IP address. I know we are getting 'real' traffic as I can see it in the unfiltered view. What is causing the 0 results in the filtered view?

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Cathy K,

Can you post screenshots of your filters? It could be that they may be misconfigured so that they are blocking out all traffic for that particular view.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicky Screen shot of one filter attached. I believe I have used the incorrect Filter field. Should this be hostname? Thank you