Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

No traffic Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since August 16th we have had some issues with our Google Analytics tracking no visitors to our site.  I know we have had several visitors as AdSense is showing over 1,000 page views for this month already.  We like to use analytics to see what pages and authors are getting visited the most.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No traffic Reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon,
have you checked to see if the tracking code is still installed and/or displaying any errors?
This can be done with a free tool such as Google Tag Assistant found here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk

With docs on how to use it here (very easy to use):
https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947095?hl=en&ref_topic=6000196
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ran it and I'm getting the Non Standard Implementation error. We run on a Wordpress site, and suggestions on how to get that fixed?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok.. that isnt necessarily an error as such, simply means you arent using a default installation of the tracking code.

Are you able to provide a link to the site so i can have a quick look via my browser?

Also are you using a WP plugin to add the tracking code?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Also something else to check too, have any filters been applied to the reporting View that may be preventing data from apearing in the reports?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is the link to the site
http://www.studentunionsports.com/

And, no filters have been added.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon :-)
There is an issue with code installation.T
There is a copy of the universal analytics.js tracking code installed using the Monster Insights plugin.
This installation seems to be fine

There is also another installation of the tracking code via a different method for the same property UA-66085568-1
that is using the ga.js tracking code snippet.

This will cause conflicts and the code to not work properly (if it works at all)
You need to remove the 2nd lot of tracking code that is not added via the the Monster Insights plugin.