Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

No site visits appearing in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason of which I can't figure out I no longer have data appearing in GA for my site.

I recently moved my site to WIX and added the tracking Id required into WIX.

However I keep getting GA notifications that my site is pending verification and is not receiving hits although I know it is.

help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No site visits appearing in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi George,

Tell us your domain so that we can take a look at it.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christof, Thanks for the reply. My domain is georgehitchens.com Cheers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi George,

okay - tracking data apparently seems to be restricted to your homepage in GA reports, right? That's because URL fragments (everthing after the hashmark "#" in a page URL) aren't being tracked by default in Google Analytics.

There is no easy way out here if you use ordinary Analytics tracking code.

You may use this workaround [1] if you use Google Tag Manager for Analytics tracking.

Maybe your system is able to avoid hashmark URLs at all? For example, taking questions marks instead. That would probably be the easiest solution.

Christoph

[1] http://www.simoahava.com/gtm-tips/track-url-fragments-as-pageviews/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph, Thanks for the info. Since moving my site to WIX this has been an issue I guess because they automatically include the hash to all page urls. Will investigate a workaround as suggested. Appreciate the help