Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

No data is available (Search Engine Queries)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've not reviewed my analytics in a while but found a problem with getting data in my aquisitions report.

When I drill down to Queries from Search Engine Optimization, there is no data showing.  There was data there at one time, but it's been blank for several months, even though data is available for visits and other parts of my analytics account.

Any advice is welcome.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No data is available (Search Engine Queries)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Josh :-)

Do you have your site setup and verified with google search console (previously google webmaster tools?)
The SEO reports are from information that is tracked by search console and imported into google analytics, its not tracked by analytics.

If your site is verified on search console, is there query information displaying in those reports instead?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks bronwyn,

I did double check my webmaster account after I saw that as a solution in another topic. I did find 2 sites setup for my domain so I removed the one with less data. I'll let things work through the system and see if we get display results tomorrow. Perhaps there was an issue with duplicates.

There was no data available for queries on the webmaster account either.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Josh :-)
Usually (but not always it depends on the site hosting etc) in webmaster tools, you would claim both www and non-www version of the domain name.
Then on your website, usually one of those would redirect to the other via a 301 redirect.
In webmaster tools, you would then also select a preferred domain (which would be the one that is being redirected to)
This would then be linked to your Property in Google Analytics (make sure that the GA Property and View are both setup with
the correct www or non-www url in the settings)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I encounter the same problem here.