Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

No Impressions on SEO Queries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm having a problem, it seems that for some reason no impressions are showing since november 5th, I started tracking the SEO queries for about 1 or 2 months but out of the blue the impressions fell to zero. I gave it some time because I know it doesn't show the last 2 days, but it's been 5 days already and there's still nothing. Any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Impressions on SEO Queries

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rodrigo

I have exactly the same issue, and on the same date. I have just taken over the analytics for a friends website. I added the tracking code for the site on the 5th, which replaced the tracking code from an analytics account my frind has no access to. I setup Search Engine Optimization correctly. I see the data as expected in the main Analytics overview, but when I click queries under Search Engine Optimization, I get the same as you. I can see all queries from August up the the 5th Nov, then it flatlines since the 5th. I thought it was something I did wrong, until I saw your post.

Ed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rodrigo,

I also have the same problem. Nothing since Nov 5th. I wondered if I had clicked agreement to some updated EU privacy thing which had perhaps caused this, but if you and others have the same problem from the same date then it's probably not that. Are you EU based? Hope someone can help, it's really useful information that I only found a few weeks ago.

Tim

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi there,

this a known bug currently, affecting most accounts since Nov, 5.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Christoph,

OK, thanks for that information.

Tim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any update on this bug? I also just noticed a decline as of 2nd November down to almost zero these past weeks.... It's great news if it is a bug on Google's side rather than something I've done on my site!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Anna,

I'm not aware of any official statement by Google so far. In my Analytics accounts, however, the data has been recovered during past week or so. So I don't see the issue any more in my data.

Christoph