Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Next pages seen after landing on a specific page

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what pages have been seen after landing on my home page and how many page views they have received. I know there's a landing page report where you can add a second dimension but the main metric is sessions and I want to report page views since that's the usual metric used for pages. Can anyone confirm if I've done it right, please? 

What I've done is creating a custom report that has two dimensions -landing page and Page path level 1-, one metric - page views - and a filter that says that the landing page is exactly my home page.

Thanks in advance,

A.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

One thing you can do is to create a segment of users landing on your home page.
Then you can look at your behavior > All pages report to get all pages visited by these users along with metrics like pageviews,unique pageviews , time on page, etc. or else you can create custom reports with these metrics and 'Page' as dimension.
 Or

If you are not ok with segments, then you can apply landing page filter to custom report and have a 'Page' as dimension with your metrics.

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Ritwik

N/A
# 3
N/A

Hi Ritwik,

Thanks for your message.

I'm not sure if that would work to be honest. If I create a segment for users landing on the home page and check all pages report I'll get that, all pages (landing, middle and exit pages) and I need next page after landing. 

What I've done is creating a custom report that lists Second pages' sessions when landing page exactly matches the home page. In this context having sessions is similar to unique page views.

Thanks and Regards, A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Ohk. I was unaware that you only wanted 2nd pages. So then, you can change the primary dimension to second page and rest would be the same as described.
Also the method you implemented (custom report with landing page filter and second page as primary dimension) would also do good.

Thanks,
Ritwik

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Little known Standard Report feature:  Behavior > Site Content > All Pages

Then ABOVE the chart, click Navigation Summary.

Change the Current Selection to the page of interest and it will show you how people got there and where they went all in one view.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.