Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

New interface doesn't seem show sampling amount - can I find this somewhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having recently been moved onto a new GA interface, I have noticed that it no longer shows how much sampling has been done to a report. For instance the old view looked like this:

Pasted image at 2017_07_13 10_48 AM.png

Whereas now we see this:

___2Capture.PNG

The data is still sampled in the same way but I was wondering if there was anywhere could see the % of sessions being used like we could before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Joseph, 

Though i am personally still seeing number of sessions in the interface you should be able to scroll down to the data tables and looking at the top rows and it will say "X - % of Total: 100.00% (Y)" <- X is where it will listen first the amount of data displayed and then following that the total amount. If you see 100% in the message then X = Y but if you see a percentage other than 100.00% then X and Y should be different. 

I hope that answers your question!

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joseph W
July

Re: New interface doesn't seem show sampling amount - can I find this somewhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Josh. That doesn't actually show the sampling but the percentage of total traffic, which that dimension contains. However, I have now found the answer! There is a little shield icon by the name of the report, which is green when the data is unsampled and amber when it is. If you hover over it, it will let you know the sample rate. Cheers.

___3Capture.PNG

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Joseph, 

The shield icon is something new to me so thanks for bringing it up. I will certainly look into it. 

Again, if you see that a report does not contain 100% of data like in the earlier example provided this is indicative of sampling. For more information on the reasons for sampling you can check out this great article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2637192?hl=en 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’