AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

New campaign doesn't show up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a .com and .org domain for standupgirl.

I added a campaign url to the .org domain to redirect 2 days ago but it doesn't show up under Acquisition>Campaigns>All campaigns. 

Here is the campaign code:

http://standupgirl.com/?utm_source=standupgirlorg&utm_medium=busads&utm_campaign=busposters

Am I missing something else to do or is my code wrong?

Thank yo so much for your expert help and insight,

Kindest Regards,

Diana

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diana N
March 2016

Re: New campaign doesn't show up

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Diana,

You may want to hit up SingleHop support. Sometimes hosts allow this in cpanel but usually you need to modify the .htaccess file yourself. Smiley Sad

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Diana,

It's possible you have no traffic yet. That said, let's start with the vanity URL from the bus ads, what is it?

If the redirect from the vanity URL is in place as you have here, you should see traffic as it comes in. This would be in your acquisition reports in several places. That said, in the channels reports this will bucket under "other" so you may want to create a channel for "Outdoor" that includes the medium "busads" and any other medium you use for billboards etc.

EDIT: Diana , if you were expecting the .org to redirect with the parameters, it's not.  If you configure the redirect to pass the parameters, you should be all set.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,
Thank you so much for your reply............
The vanity url is for us to see how many users are coming to standupgirl.com from the posters we are putting in buses and bus stops which we have the standupgirl.org as the text on the poster to go to.

Not sure where to add the channel named Outdoors so I added to the default channel grouping. The channel I created is labeled Outdoors and set with medium - match exactly - busads

Is that what I was suppose to do?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Diana,

I think my edit and your reply happened at the same time. RE the channel grouping that should wotk fine for now just add in any other outdoor params you use in the future for utm_medium.

The problem you have is that the.org is not redirecting with the parameters.

You have a 301 going to the http://www.standupgirl.com/index.php without the utm parameters:

!DOCTYPE·HTML·PUBLIC·"-//IETF//DTD·HTML·2.0//EN">(LF)
<html><head>(LF)
<title>301·Moved·Permanently</title>(LF)
</head><body>(LF)
<h1>Moved·Permanently</h1>(LF)
<p>The·document·has·moved·<a·href="http://www.standupgirl.com/index.php">here</a>.</p>(LF)
<hr>(LF)
<address>Apache/2.2.31·(Unix)·mod_ssl/2.2.31·OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips·mod_bwlimited/1.4·Server·at·standupgirl.org·Port·80</address>(LF)
</body></html>(LF)

So basically you need to have them pass with your utm params and you should be all set.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a dedicated server with SingleHop

I added the redirect in my cpanel for standupgirl, but in my WHM panel I just added a forwarder. Will that work?

Not sure how to get the utm parameters to stick.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diana N
March 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Diana,

You may want to hit up SingleHop support. Sometimes hosts allow this in cpanel but usually you need to modify the .htaccess file yourself. Smiley Sad

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok will do...........thank you for sending me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Diana

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
You are welcome. Love what you're doing there and glad I could help. I wish I had all the .htaccess magic to give you directly but I'm more of an analyst and these are the types of things for which your host is the best resource. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Theo,

Singlehop added the new rule to the htcaccess file, but they want me to test it. Can you test it or show me how?

Thank you soooooo much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again Theo...........it's working! Thank you again for all your help today!

Many thanks and kudos!

Diana