Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Negative Transaction is not working as expected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Created Negative Transaction in order to remove the existing orders.Negative Transactions are added to today date(11/05/2017) but the actual transaction was on last week(02/05/2017).

1.when we select a date range that includes both the original and the negative transaction it has to show both the actual transaction and negative transaction.But it shows only the negative transaction.

If the original order was of $200 and revenue for the day was $500 then after creating the negative transaction,the revenue for the day would be $300 (But it shows $100).

2. when the negative transaction created on the same day of the original transaction.Actual transaction is removed and the negative transaction is not added.

3. Sometimes negative transaction is not added.
Any Solution for this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Shameem,

I believe you are seeing it exactly as expected.  That is you should only see the adjustment if it's sent in the same day unless you select both date ranges.  I think in the first case, you may have sent the negative transaction twice.

The transaction report in the UI is de-duped so it wont show the transaction more than once (or not at all).  If you do a custom report by transaction id, I don't think it will de-dupe and you can see exactly what is there.   If memory serves you may also be able to drill down into the products to get a feel for this as well.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theo Bennett.Just want to make sure one thing.For the below scenario,

1.when we select a date range that includes both the original and the negative transaction it has to show both the actual transaction and negative transaction.But it shows only the negative transaction.

If the original order was of $200 and revenue for the day was $500 then after creating the negative transaction,the revenue for the day would be $300 (But it shows $100).

Is the above result is correct and Is this way it show the reports in GA report?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi shameem,

When viewing a date range that includes both the original transaction and the refund transaction (the same transaction id pushed with a negative amount) you should see the transaction with the sum of the orginal revenue and the negative amount.  So if the transaction was two products for 500 and one was cancelled for -200 you should see 300. 

I suspect in your case the refund was pushed twice and that's why you see the negative amount.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn