Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Need to see UTM parameters in landing page URL in report

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In past companies I've worked at, when I look in the landing pages behavior content report, I see the URL including any UTM parameters. I think that my current company has some sort of custom setup, because I'm not seeing the UTM tags here on the landing pages.

I know the UTMs are in place and are firing because when I look in the campaign report, I see the campaigns listed out by source/medium/campaign. Something google is doing is stripping them out of the landing page report. I'm not tied to having to see them in that specific report, but I can't seem to find the full URL anywhere. 

The reason this is important and I can't just use the campaign report is that GA only lets me include two dimensions in each report. If I want to pull source/medium, campaign, and date, that's not possible. 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Another note on this is that I'm not looking for a specific campaign, so I can't use a segment to pinpoint a specific tag. I want to download all tagged pages (with various tags) so I can then combine it with other info in Google Sheets.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

The utm parameters are not visible in the reports as query strings, that's normal behavior.

You can see source/medium, campaign, and date easily using a custom report or pull everything you want into a Google Sheet using the Google Analytics Add-On.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

How do you pull source/medium, campaign, and date all into a custom report? I've tried and it will only let me pull two dimensions at a time. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Litmon
February 2017

Re: Need to see UTM parameters in landing page URL in report

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please check the screenshots below:

creport.pngcreport1.png

Let me know if this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

That did work! I thought I had looked for that, but I must have left it on Explore instead of Flat Table.

Thanks!