Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Need to automate Daily traffic reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am trying to create an automated mail having traffic report for below activities, can you please help me in this regard.

1. Our website is a hyper local market place that has more than 5M pages, 3,000+ categories, 100+ cities. I created pageTypes (set of few categories). Now, I have pagetype1, pagetype2,.. for city1, city2... i.e., pagetype1-city1, pagetype1-city2, pagetype2-city1, pagetype2-city2....

I want an automated mail containing daily report of traffic for pagetype1, pagetype2 etc.

2. Our GA has various segment like Desktop traffic, mobile traffic, tablet traffic etc. I want to get daily mail updates of these views.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need to automate Daily traffic reports

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, automated e-mails via the interface will only get you so far given the situation laid out in #1 and #2

My recommendation is that you explore the use of the API to pull such reports.
You can use Google Docs to automate data pulls but you will very likely require help from someone with development experience to set up the desired reports and automate them.

If you decide to go with the API, start here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/

Disclaimer: I work with an agency that specializes in that kind of data extraction and automation so feel free to request assistance but I'm sure many of us on this forum are knowledgable about the API.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Here is another suggestion:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on?hl=en
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Antti N like i said, this will not provide automated e-mail delivery AND (by experience) it does not play well with advanced segments

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
For the sake of argument delivering daily email vs a link that contains updated info... I would go with the link. "Doesn't anyone think of the poor mailboxes!?!" Smiley Happy

The other part though (adv segments not working) is good to know.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.