Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

My site is getting high 100% bounce rates and 00:00:00 time on page. But not on all pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there:

Our site seems to be getting 100% bounce rates and 00:00:00 time on page.  This seems to be happening recently and my team is looking for a reason why?

The site is 

http://www.madhouseinc.ca/

I checked the chrome google tag assistant and it seemed to be working properly.

The site is a squarespace site that has the code above the head tag.

Any insights would be great.

Thanks

My site is getting high 100% bounce rates and 00:00:00 time on page. But not on all pages

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David P,

Can you check if its some bot or spam referral issue because as you said it started recently. Primary check would be to try applying hostname as secondary dimension to see if its your domain name.

Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ritwick
Thanks for your reply...
I just checked and the hostname was our domain name. Oh well...
Any other guesses as to what could be causing this?

Thanks,
David

Re: My site is getting high 100% bounce rates and 00:00:00 time on page. But not on all pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David P,

just wondering what does real time view show in your Google Analytics account. 

Ellaiah Pusa

About Me

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David P,

Ok. Actually there might be many reason for it, debugging is the only solution. You can filter those specific pages having 100% bounce rate in the landing pages report & check by applying secondary dimension to as:
-Source / medium, if one or more sources are having 100% bounce rate. If they are, are they relevant to you? 
-City, to check if they are from your target location
-Device, are they specific to any particular device, etc
Also, check if content is relevant to the users landing on the landing pages.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi David,

Have you checked whether you aren't double tracking on those pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

Thanks for your replies:

1. TIIAN: The site is using squarespace, I checked the source and I dont see two tracking tags.  I used google tag assistant and its only showing one account.

2. ellaiahpusa : I tried the real time tracker plugin and its showing the same info as whats in google, 0 time spent on page.  That real time Visitors stats shows nothing.  Does that help?

3. ritwik : I tried to debug but I dont see anything fishy about 

-Source / medium, if one or more sources are having 100% bounce rate. If they are, are they relevant to you? 

-> I see all the sources are different.  Bing. instagram, etc...nothing looks fishy
-City, to check if they are from your target location

-> they appear from all different cities, mostly in canada
-Device, are they specific to any particular device, etc

-> no particular device all various.

Any other ideas would be helpful, this is so annoying....

Thanks again,

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

Hey does anyone have any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thx