Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

My google analytics pageviews changes for the same time period. I never get the same results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I send out monthly reports to our franchise organization. I was tracking Google Analytics (GA) on a monthly basis, but I noticed that randomly on some accounts the statistic changed over the same time period. How is this possible? Page views should remain the same for Dec 1 - 31 2015 if I run a report on January 10 or February 10 right? I don't understand how this is possible and if so I can I compare Year over Year if same time frame  data keeps changing.

Re: My google analytics pageviews changes for the same time period. I never get the same results.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Lisa -

Have you checked whether sampling is taking place?

Re: My google analytics pageviews changes for the same time period. I never get the same results.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lisa S, as mentioned by Tiaan (welcome Tiaan, good to see you here) the stats within Analytics are sampled, it is always best to download info via the API for the most accurate data.