Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

My Bounce Rate 2.62%!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Is it possible to see bounce rate with 2.62% last 7 days?

my blog history suddenly get very low bounce rate after i improved pages speed google, but that not belivable

you can check my data:

check my website from here:

http://arabiawebsite.com/

i think there is something happend after i used plugin to get javascript above the fold 

can you know please if that bounce rate is real or not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Bounce Rate 2.62%!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Motasem,

I didn't look at your site but guess that you have two versions of the tracker that are firing or are firing an event on page load.

The correction is to change your event to non-interaction or to remove the extra code.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
One other thing, this may not be happening site-wide so check you landing page reports to see if it's localized to a popular page(s).

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i checked it and i see that there was 2 tracking code, i remove one of them, so, what if that results continue, then it will be my real statistics? is that possible?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Judging by your past trends that I see in your first post I would say that the likely hood of 2.6% bounce rate while not impossible is highly unlikely, removing the second set of tracking code will get you back to your true numbers. I read somewhere that the average bounce rate one should expect is 56% to 70%, what one should strive for is 26% to 40% and anything over 70% can be considered high. (if my recall is correct it was from a company called rocket fuel)

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Motasem,

Yes, removing the second tracker will fix this (not historically). What was happening was that a second pageview was fired in most cases so the likelyhood of a bounce approached zero.

Your (real) bounce rate is your bounce rate - don't get hung up on what it "should" be. Whatever the actual number just watch it over time, pay special attention to landing pages for marketing campaigns and how it breaks across devices. If you see poor performing pages, do analysis as to why, come up with a hypothesis on how to improve and test Smiley Happy !

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn