Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

My Analytics have dropped out of nowhere and I can't figure out why.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my Analytics sessions are always in the 200-300s range. A few days ago the number dropped to 60, then the next day to 2, then another 2 day, and then today it's 0. I don't know what went wrong.

About a week ago I went on WordPress and saw that the header photo and my sidebar widgets had disappeared. I had to re-add those. Also, the social media sharing buttons had reset back to 0. I don't know if those are related to the Analytics screwing up but I can't figure out what's going on. I want to get this fixed asap! 

I don't remember making any significant changes or doing anything myself that would cause these problems.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Depending on how you had the tracking code installed, then it may have been removed if a WP or your theme were updated.

Did you check your site to see if the tracking code is still installed?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The tracking code is still installed. It's part of the WordPress dashboard.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

are you able to provide the url of your website?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

How is the tracking code added to the website? 
Via a plugin, via editing the theme code directly.. or some other method?

The tracking code is there, however it includes some code that isnt really necessary.. and then also some other code jquery after the tracking code but within the same script tag that is causing a script error to occur 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Go to Property Settings in Analytics Admin section and check your Tracking Id.
If it is different than UA-65734911-1 you should fix the tracking code on your website.