Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple instances of the same article in the content report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A bit of background information

I am running a blog with Wordpress and I wanted to see the performance of my articles, on a monthly basis. Under the content report I have sorted all my articles with based on "Date" as a secondary dimension.

The issue 

While going through the list, I saw that there are multiple instances of the same article. (For this particular article there are 7 in total)

See here -> http://imgur.com/O2VgDyS

Does anyone know how can I merge the duplicates, into a single instance for each article ? 

Thank you!

P.S.1  The variations in URIs are not the culprit, as I have a "lower-case" filter added. (Or at least I think that it is not the cause.)

P.S. 2 I need to mention that for the last couple of weeks, by mistake I've been running 2 GA Tracking codes on the website. But the duplicate has been eliminated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple instances of the same article in the content report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

isn't that the behaviour you'd expect? Given that you've inserted date as secondary dimension and the dates are differing from each other?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chrisoph,

Retrospectively that was a silly question. It was just that the numbers did not look right at first.

Thank you for you answer.

Best,
Alex

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problem - you're welcome!