Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Most specific location (Neighborhood) column in GA location dimensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, 

In AdWords we have access to a location dimension called "Most Specific Location" which is based on "Neighborhood" level data if present. 

In GA, I can't seem to find such a dimension.

This would be extremely useful for super dense countries such as Hong Kong because they have huge enough variations in conversions from one "Neighborhood" to another, thus makes sense consider optimization at "Neighborhood" level.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Most specific location (Neighborhood) column in GA location dimensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tan,

On the surface, you can do this with custom dimensions and data import. The problem with neighborhoods is that the default data available in the GEO reports is down to the city so unless you control the network you can't further subdivide it.  There also is a large gap in accuracy between desktop and mobile devices. 

I wrote a white paper on this recently on how to do this with County Level data here in the US; but that is taking available data (city) and putting it into a larger set (County) by State - not subdividing it further.

Basically in AdWords; you are paying for it and in GA there are privacy concerns.   Obviously for AdWords, you could easily append a param into your url based on the Neighborhood target and capture it and set as a custom dimension.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn