Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Mobile vs Desktop Traffic Ratio does not match in Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

The organic traffic on my website is little bit down for the last compare to the previous week of last week. Now in order to analyze the reason behind it. I did some analysis to the Google Analytics data and Webmaster Tools Data.

To look for the answer of my question : where (Desktop or Mobile ) did we lose more traffic?

I compare the device category-wise traffic loss in Google Analytics, I found that 77 % of the traffic loss occurred on the Mobile and 23% traffic loss occurred on Desktop.

then, I compare the device category-wise traffic loss in Webmaster Tools (Search Queries), I found that almost equal(50-50) % of loss occurred on Desktop and Mobile both.

Now, I am confused. I know that the webmaster tools data is not fully correct but at least the ratio of mobile vs desktop should match with Google Analytics Data.

Please let me know which data Ratio is Correct for Mobile Vs Desktop