Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Mobile email traffic not matching internal reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, and bare with me, I'm not a programmer, I'm on the Biz Dev team for my company.

We run email campaigns for one of our clients and we have a high amount (50+%) of our traffic who opens on mobile devices and it's even higher if you consider tablet traffic (70+%). Our issue is that the visits to the site are not matching the Google Analytics Stats. The desktop traffic is tracked fine. However, more than half of the mobile traffic is not being registered, or being thrown in an abyss, or simply tracked elsewhere.

Is this a concern anyone else has had? and if so, how was it remedied?

Our sales match back reports show that we are making sales; however, to increase business with this client, they need the google numbers to match.

Ideas/suggestions are welcomed! thank you!

Re: Mobile email traffic not matching internal reporting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You might have better luck by setting up a custom segment. At the top of your report page, there is a button that says "+ Add Segment". Then click the red button for +NEW SEGMENT, then find "Traffic Sources." In the field for Medium, type email. Also under Technology, check the yes box for "Mobile (Including Tablet)". This will show you the traffic segment for Sessions/Users that originated from email who are mobile & tablet. If you just want mobile, check the no box instead.

You can apply custom segments to acquisition, behavior, and conversion reports.