Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Mobile app tracking for non Play Store downloads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are getting information on how many downloads there are of our app and then also how many people actually launch the app. What we want to know though, is how many visits per day, week or month are there to our download page on the app store vs. the number of people who actually download the app. It would be nice to see it all in a nice consolidated format from Google Analytics reports.

Is there also a way to see what keywords were used to find out app in the play store from Google analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile app tracking for non Play Store downloads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tom,

For iOS apps I actually find the reports from iTunes Connect to provide more insight into app acquisition. GA is working to improve the connection between iTunes and GA (for example, I know they have some linking in beta that allows you to see which ads are driving traffic) but for the time being I think you'd find what you need more easily from your app store analytics.

Hope this helps!
JD

Re: Mobile app tracking for non Play Store downloads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I figured this was the case but I wanted to ask to see if anyone else had some insight into something I had perhaps missed in Analytics where you could see this type of information.