Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Mobile App Acquisition report shows (not set) for app installer id

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The image below shows the 

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 1.39.30 PM.png

Re: Mobile App Acquisition report shows (not set) for app installer id

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Not all marketplaces support the App Installer ID, the data Google Analytics needs to recognize a marketplace. This accounts for data that appears in this report as (not set).

please refer: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2568794?hl=en

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am very confident that my app isn't been deployed on other market places. I am trying to figure out why almost 40% of my install traffic is being (not set) when the app isn't available on other market places. I am trying to find out a reasonable explanation to explain the phenomenon I am seeing in my app. One thing I can think of is, there should be some mistake in calculation of this data by Google Analytics. I am just guessing. -- Regards, Murugaprabu Marimuthu

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You might be getting some spam traffic.

please refer: http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I'm experiencing the very same, however I feel most/all of my "(not set)" install traffic is from iTunes app store.

Therefore, my question is: Is iTunes one of these "other market places" that don't support the App Installer ID? And if yes, is there a workaround to force iOS applications to set something else than [empty]?

Best regards,
Simo