Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Today when I logged into my Google Analytics account for my company, I received this notification.

"Missing Tracking Code
First seen time: Dec 25, 2015 8:19:08 PM
Last seen time: Dec 25, 2015 8:19:08 PM
No valid tracking code could be found for at least 54 pages in property http://www.poultrytimes.com.

Pages to inspect:

Additional pages to consider that may also have problems:

Google Tag Assistant Recordings can help you ensure that pages are correctly tagged."

This is the third of fourth time I have received this and it's very concerning. Our number of session averaged 15,000 in the spring and now we're lucky if we can hit 5,000. I've established a social media presence that has been steadily rising since August, yet traffic on the website continues to plummet. 

I have inquired with the company who installed the tracking code and they insist that it is installed correctly. But something just feels off. Why do I keep getting this message about a missing tracking code?

Any information that you might be able to provide would be very beneficial. Thanks in advance!