AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing stats in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

this is the website:

i had 52k pageviews and 23k sessions, 20k users, now all of them have dropped to below 10k. (possibly dropped to zero and rose again).

i was wondering why this has happened, i think it changed with the new analytics layout last week. am i missing something here? 

p.s. i can provide screenshots of my stats before reset
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ocean W
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i just realized what the problem was, after that interface update, analytics had set the date range for showing stats to February, so the hits from months before that were omitted from the total results.

but the problem with my domain not getting hits still remains

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

GA data is being sent to UA-90579321-1

make sure no filters are added to the view.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

nope, there are no filters in place

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

did you recently switch to universal analytics?

have you recently enabled bot/spam filtering?

Re: Missing stats in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no i haven't switched to anything, though my old GA layout and interface was automatically changed last week (i had nothing to do with it, check the pic below). 

and i just realized that one of my registered domains is not receiving hits. i have two domains, one "with www" and one "without www".

my preferred domain in search console is the one "with www". and the one "without www" hasn't received hits since February 13. is this okay since my preferred domain is the other one?

this how the panel looks like:

analytics.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ocean W
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i just realized what the problem was, after that interface update, analytics had set the date range for showing stats to February, so the hits from months before that were omitted from the total results.

but the problem with my domain not getting hits still remains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you validated the missing stats on the Desktop Version of Google Analytics? I have noticed a discrepancy between the data displayed on the Desktop Version vs the Mobile Version of Google Analytics, over the last few days.