Analytics
6.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Logged into my analytics account and found that my historical data from June 2010 to July 2016 is gone.  Not sure when the data went missing...must've been within the past month or two.  

Anyone experience something like this?  How do I troubleshoot this?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt C
February

Missing historical data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt C :-)
Do you have more than one View for the applicable Property?

If so, are you checking the correct View that contains the historical data 

Also if you go to the GA Admin page, and you select the applicable Account, in the first column labelled Account, there should be an option Change History, if you go back thru the account's change history, is there any indication of Views that may have contained the historical data, having been deleted/created around that time July 2016, any indication of filters being removed from the particular View around that same date

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Missing historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that's it!  I needed to switch the appropriate View.  [I feel like such a noobie now :-) ]

Missing historical data

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting back, happy to hear that all the data is still there as it should be :-))

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here