Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing data related to migration of website from one server to another server

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google Analytics Team,

Our website was recently migrated to a new server. It was associated to the first tracking ID 'UA-73882362-1'. The second tracking ID is 'UA-959045-29'.

I noticed missing data after the migration from one server to another and I believe the missing data is associated to the tracking first tracking ID.

Appreciate if you could integrate the data for both tracking tracking ID: UA-73882362-1 and existing tracking ID: UA-959045-28.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Ann

Re: Missing data related to migration of website from one server to another server

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think integration is possible.

Re: Missing data related to migration of website from one server to another server

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your swift reply. Can you offer any other solutions? Or perhaps
send me the data for the first ID (that's if there was a back up) ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ann Vula,
There is no way to integrate data in GA. Google Analytics does not provide any flexibility with importing, exporting, or modifying any past data. Any data you have in one account cannot be moved to another.

FYI The old data will stay online in the old Analytics account—as long as the account is not deleted. You'll be able to access the old data indefinitely if you keep the account active.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the clarification Santosh. I didn't change the account
details. Just the tracking ID was changed.

Is it possible to retrieve data from the tracking ID 'UA-959045-29'? Does
google keep a back up?

Thanks

Anju

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. Let me try this and get back to you. I really appreciate the prompt
response. You guys are simply amazing and too good. I live in Fiji and this
sort of response means a lot to someone from a small island state.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Happy to help.

If my replies have helped please give it a star. :-) or accept as solution.