Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing data from yesterday (10/25/16)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are missing about half of our GA data from yesterday. We're using Segment to send data to GA and Mixpanel. Mixpanel has all the data, but GA only has about half of it (pageviews, users, etc). Someone on our team looked at GA last night and everything looked fine, but we looked again today and all the data seems to be missing. Can someone help me with this? This is very odd.

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nick,

I am having the same issue with GA data. We looked at our accounts this morning and saw a similar trend. I was able to grab a screenshot of the data last night compared to today. I am interested to see why this occurred, seems odd to me as well. Can someone please assist?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a similar problem that started aout 10 hours ago. Yeserdays numbers were reporting fine initially (I check reguarly throughout the day) however when I check  yesterays numbers now they are suddenly off 30-40%. For me, it appears data for returning visitors are not reporting correctly (I'm seeing 90%+ new visitors when this figure is always between 70-75%).

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

While what you discribe is weird keep in mind that it can take 24 - 48 hours before all data is processed by GA servers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We also had missing data from yesterday, specifically the returning user data is missing for a whole day. We have a secondary (partial) analytics solution, so we know for sure the data is missing.

I know it could take up to 2 days for the data to be processed but I never seen a past data being corrected.

Bilal

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Yeah thats the weird part may want to double check and make sure no filters or segments have been applied in either the UI or the admin section.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian,

Thank you for your input. We run 2 views one with segmentation and filters and one without any customization. We have confirmed that this issue is effecting both. We look forward to a solution to this issue.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hmm like you said weird, I will follow this post and see if the issue auto corrects within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm also experiencing the same problem on my site. All data for yesterday is roughly half of what we would normally expect. This is true for our normal reporting view and raw data view (no filters applied). 

We've gotten our daily scheduled emails with site KPIs, which usually goes out after Google "catches up" with the previous day. I've also checked visits/sales hourly and found that every hour was roughly half of what we would normally expect on a Tuesday, which is odd as with latency it's usually the last few hours that contain the majority of the missing data. 

Looking forward to a response/fix for this. 

Best,

Mike 

Re: Missing data from yesterday (10/25/16)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here are a couple screenshots to further document this issue.

Google Analytics - Edited.jpgGoogle Analytics on 10-25-16Google Analytics - 10-26.jpgGoogle Analytics on 10-26-16Region.pngBreak down of New Vs Returning for 10-25-16 compared to Previous Week