Analytics
4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Missing Transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Random Transactions are not being reported in GA.

Google Analytics Realtime Overview shows my customer at checkout success.

Magento orders shows the order info and transactions id.

Google Analytics > Conversion > Ecommerce > Transactions   does NOT display the transaction id or eCommerce information.

However, the transactions made before and after  are reported.

example:

transaction id  1111 - is reported

transaction id 1112 - not reported

transaction id 1113 - is reported

So far i haven't been able to trace any type of pattern for when transactions are not reported or any similarities with the orders that are not reported this seems to be completely random

Why would GA just randomly NOT report a transaction?

Thankful for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing Transactions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ramona,

This seems to be a common problem with Magento. Try to do a search on google for "magento ecommerce tracking missing transactions".

The transaction details are sent to Google Analytics using a tracking code on the success page. Either some users are never reaching this page or they close the success page as soon as they see that the transaction was completed. There can be other resources on the page that delay firing the transaction code so it does not have a chance to send the data to Google Analytics. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply Arnold.
After doing more research it seems the most common answer to this issues is that customers leaving the success page prematurely.
However, I still question how is it that the realtime overveiw detects the instance of the success page and that then the transaction is then not reported.
doesn't make sense to me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ramona,

In traditional ecommerce the transaction details are sent separately from the page view request. The analytics tracking code that tracks the page views is included in the header but the transaction tracking code is added lower in the source code. There can be render blocking resources on the page that delay loading the transaction code so it can happen that the page view is registered but the customer closes the success page before the transaction code is fired. Hope this explains.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital