Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Messages in ecommerce overview tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since the week commencing on 14/12/2015, when I log in to our GA account and open the eCommerce overview tab I see the following two messages:

• This report has been filtered to include only data where there are values for "Affiliation" dimension.
  • This report has been filtered to include only data where there are values for "Product" dimension.

What are these messages and why did they appear all of a sudden? 

Re: Messages in ecommerce overview tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We also received the same warning message. It looks like GA Enhanced Ecommerce now requires more data to flow into the Affiliation and Product dimensions. Are these now mandatory? Hello, Google?!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Guys,

Those notifications are just that, another way to show you that the data is being filtered. Example when you click on the Top Events, and click through one of the categories, those boxes will come up because you are looking at data within that specific category (which means there is a lot more data from other events available, just not in that view).

Nothing to worry about really!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've contacted support and it looks like there have to be some update and more tags have to be added: I was referred to this article: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce