Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Measurement Protocol - Adding transaction data retroactively

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We have a customer who has lost some of its GA data for a particular day in February. The customer lost about 24 hours of data and would like to import the data into Google Analytics (transaction id, revenue, shipping, tax, sessions). 

The regular import function only works if the transaction id is already present in GA but this one missing we have to create a hit that consists of all this information. This has been done, tested and working on a Test View in GA (via Hit builder).

My question: How do I get the transaction hit to be attributed to a particular data and not the day I trigger it ?  

Thanks for your replies, 

K

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics G
March 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

There is not.  You can attribute an offline transaction to a previous online visit (see for example http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/03/04/tracking-offline-transactions-universal-analytics/) if you've preserved the CID and other data, but the transaction itself would be real-time.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You cannot.  Google Analytics hits are not retroactive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phillip, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. Do you know if there is any way of attributing a transaction retroactively in GA ? 

I am out of ideas on my end.

Regards, 

Kevin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics G
March 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

There is not.  You can attribute an offline transaction to a previous online visit (see for example http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/03/04/tracking-offline-transactions-universal-analytics/) if you've preserved the CID and other data, but the transaction itself would be real-time.