Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Manually Select a Small Number of Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sure this must be easy, but so far, searching has produced no result - and I'm not even sure this is in the correct "Location".

I want to manually select a small number of pages on my site so that I can compare the number of visits they attract. I'd like to keep that as an ongoing selection that I can add or delete pages from - but my selection will be available for future use.

Is this possible? If so, please tell me how.

Re: Manually Select a Small Number of Pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Andy N

I want to understand: You want to see pages with not many count of visits? So I think is the best is Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages
and next click Advance and set up Pageviews -> Less Than -> "Your value".

You see pages only with Pageviews like you set up.

Is this good for you?

SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your interest but that is not what I want to do.

I want to manually choose about 30 pages and then see only those pages.

Some of the pages on the website have videos on them and I want to see which are the most popular videos but there are so many pages now, it's hard to find the video pages.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Andy N

Now I understand. So now:

- you can use screaming frog and connect with GA, and crawler by the URLs.

- you can use SEO Tools For Excel and do the same like in Screaming Frog

- you can built segment in GA with videos site (maybe you have in URL "video" or something special what you can use)

- you can deploy custom dimension to page with Video and Data in Custom Report

SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again for your help.
I just watched the Screaming Frog video and I don't really understand it. There was no mention of video either.

I don't really understand what segments and custom dimensions are (sorry) and I tried to use the filter, but I can find nothing common in the URLs of all the video pages - EXCEPT there is a TAG which is common to all of them - could I use that?

Surely there must be a way to add a list of URLs to a search or something, and look at the number of hits on each page - why does it have to be so complicated?
I don't want to know what people had for lunch yesterday, or how many people live in their house - I just want to know how many times each video page has been visited.

Please don't think I'm ungrateful - I really appreciate that you're trying to help, but it's very frustrating that GA is so complicated.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Go to Behavior > Site Content > All Pages report and in search window enter your pages url which you want to track separating them by | sign.

You don't need to place whole urls, it is enough to enter a unique part of them.
For example if urls looks like this:

www.example.com/category21/title-1234.html
www.example.com/category15/other-223.html
www.example.com/category143/another-example-21.html

its enought to place this:
title-1234|other-223|another-example-21

all-pages-filter.png

When you finish and your data looks fine you can create a shortcut by clicking "Shortcut" link.
Next time you can access your report by clicking its name in "Shortcuts" menu.

shortcut.png

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Andy N

So If you can find nothing common in the URLs so now you have problem. but from now you can add "-video" to your URLs, and you can create filters (not segments) in All Pages  In URL occurs "video".

So if you have wordpress you can segments post by tag and export URL of this posts. When you export these URLs you can instal SEO Tools For Excel http://seotoolsforexcel.com/ on your computer, and then you can integrated with your account and insert URL and show want you want of these URL's.

Bounce Rate, Pageviews, Time on Page etc.

You can create filters (not segments) in All Pages like @Tomasz_C show. 

Filters can have ONLY Smiley Tongue 2 to the power 19 - 524288 symbols.

Or you can create Content Grouping Admin -> View -> Content Grouping

Zrzut ekranu 2016-02-07 o 14.04.00.png

Third option is: custom dimensions you need to integrated https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Always remember that if you want to measure something, First of all you need to know how you want to measure this -> You Need Strategy. It's not complicated where people have plan for this.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

@Seba Heymann - segmentation wont work in this case.
If you create segment by using conditions report will include all sessions (and all pages in those sessions) in which user has visited one of pages in segment filter.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tomasz_C

Yes of course, i made mistake. Segments show every session with including pages.

SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tomasz, I really thought this was the way, but I put in a few urls :
backwards-is-the-way-forward-tutorial|balance-01|bronwen-and-scylla|bronwen-and-scylla-02|bronwen-and-scylla-03|bronwen-and-scylla-04|
Unfortunately the search result was unchanged.
This site is on Wordpress - would that make any difference?

The relevant pages have a common TAG - if I could find how to search for that it would be a great help.