Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Magento Success Page, Google Analytics not tracking all to this page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're tracking the magento success page in order to track how many orders are coming in via analytics.

Google is showing 1 missing order every odd day compared to what magento shows. For example yesterday at 8pm GMT analytics records 1 order however magento correctly displays 2 orders.

All the other orders are being correctly tracked and the missing order is going to the success page when converted by magento. Is there anything that could be causing this problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Magento Success Page, Google Analytics not tracking all to this pa

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Finn,

This can happen when the user closes the success page as soon as they see that the transaction was completed. There can be other resources on the page that delay firing the transaction code so it does not have a chance to send the data to Google Analytics.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Finn, how are things?

As Arnold says, this can happen when there're firing delay set up, but it's really strange that this is happening only for odd days. This happened once or you've a few odd days like this?

It's important to keep in mind that Analytics have a 48h windows to receive every information, so sometimes your data might be missing from GA in case you're inside this range.

If you can provide more information it would be great for us.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandrofm.

It's mostly 1 order per day going missing, normally waiting 24-48 hours before checking to make sure all the information is there. I've already done work to reduce the delay setup so that this is loaded early on during the page load.

There no difference between the orders coming in or the orders going missing in Analytics. If you can narrow down what information would be helpful for you to debug this please let me know.

Magento Success Page, Google Analytics not tracking all to this page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same kind of problem, although I cannot recognize the "odd days" issue.

However, I have made sure through raw vititors data that the success page has been reached.

What I see in Analytics realtime is that the funnel is walked through correctly, and reporting stops with the review page (as last step of the funnel before payment provider) Even when my data confirm the success page has been reached, it's not been tracked by analytics.

The most odd things is, all visitors numbers are correct....... GA vs Adwords. It is only the conversion nr and amount missing.