Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Lost data last couple days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Wordpress site using Google Analytics by Monsterinsights to insert the analytics.js tracking code.

Starting Friday 7/15/16 I saw a 30% drop in my visitor volume in GA.It declined further on Saturday, and possibly has held steady today. 

I checked the AWStats reports in my website CP and it shows that traffic was normal Friday and Saturday. So some GA data is missing.

I installed the Tag Assistant plugin for Chrome and checked all my main different types of pages, and it found the GA tags. 

All conversions are reported for the last couple days, so that part appears normal unless it was just luck.

I did add a new View property a few days ago in GA for my subdomain, but I apparently didn't set it up right because my www and subdomain websites were showing the exact same traffic to the same pages. I deleted that View today in hopes of fixing this issue. 

What else can I check?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost data last couple days

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Squeebo,

Many people have recently reported data latency. Why don't you give it a few days just to see if things normalize for the dates in question.

If that does not change anything do a date range comparison to the previous week and go to your acquisition reports Source>>Medium and take change the sort type to absolute change, this should give you an idea where the drop has occurred.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn