Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Lost all tracking data in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I’ve been troubleshooting this for more than 2 weeks now and can’t find what’s preventing GA reports. Data is reporting via other sources on lead tracking but I need the Analytics view. Possibilities are: 1) blocked resources on multiple minor pages from an error on robots.txt file that was fixed but Google Search Console still refers to file 3 weeks old. Unable to force it to update and remove the blocks. 2) Analytics filters. After reading posts here, I removed a fairly new filter limiting data to our domain as the fix for a cross-domain issues warning, but removal (today) hasn’t restored data. Other long-existing filters exclude staff IP addresses.

Any suggestions? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Lost all tracking data in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Did you check the website pages with Google Tag Assistant to ensure the tracking code is still installed?
https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947095?hl=en&ref_topic=6000196

Do you also have a View without any filters applied to it?
If so, is that still tracking data as expected?
If not, can you please create one (it is accepted best practice to have one view that is unfiltered so as to have a copy of raw unedited data available)

Robots.txt file should not have any baring on analytics tracking working or not working.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here