Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Links in the Behaviour - All Pages section leading to the wrong website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I look after Web Analytics for several sites and this is happening on only one of say 30 odd sites. The URLs displayed in the Behaviour -> Site Content -> All Pages section are correct but when I click on them to visit the landing page, they go to a different website all together.

I've checked the account settings and that other website does not seem to be listed anywhere.

Has anyone encountered this or can anyone offer an explanation?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Is the correct website url entered in the applicable Property Settings page and in the settings page for each View.

What happens when you try to go to the url on the website that is the one being tracked by GA.
Are you able to reach the website URL as expected or do you get redirected to the different website?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for the reply. I think you may have identified the problem. I made sure that the site was updated in the Property settings, but didn't check the View setting - and that's where the incorrect website was. 

The site itself and all the URLs on the site are working fine. The incorrect site doesn't exist - not even sure how it got there in the first place.

Thanks once again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome, happy to hear it is all now sorted out :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here