Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Linking several search console properties with one analytics property

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, I have a website domain.com and several subdomains: career.domain.com, wiki.domain.com etc.

Every subdomain is registred in search console.

But all the sites are tracked in one Analytics property. According to manual only one search console can be connected with one account. So I can receive info about organic traffic only for domain.com. 

Probably, there are another ways to connect several consoles to 1 Analytics property? API or any other?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking several search console properties with one analytics property

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anna, to the best of my knowledge, unfortunately no.
What you may want to do is have the single property as a 'roll up' tracker for domain and any subdomains
And then have the domain and each subdomain also with its own property that is then connected to the relevant search console entry
More info here regardng multiple trackers
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

If you need further help, pls post back

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, I know about separate property, but this option is not really elegant.
Well, thank you anyway Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anna,

have you been able to solve this problem without using multiple properties to track your subdomains?

All the best,
Lasse

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found that setting multiple trackers seems to be the best solution. When working with a multi-language website and want to do SEO optimisations on multiple languages, you do want to have all of the following:

- one analytics account with all the data for all languages or domains

- a way to access data per language or domain (different properties or different views on the same property)

- a way to see analytics together with the search console information in one screen per every language or domain

Regards,
Cristian

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday while looking answer on the same question, came across to your post

Later

Found an answer to this question. 

Sharing below so it might help to other visitors of this question

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The key is in creating a set of properties in the search console and then associating that to Google analytics

And that's the only way I guess how you can import several properties' data into one analytics

These 2 below posts will guide you.

- https://searchengineland.com/google-search-console-now-lets-group-sites-together-property-sets-25016...

- https://www.gsqi.com/marketing-blog/how-to-create-property-set-google-search-console/ 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually I can`t find any way to link back to Google Analytics as you suggested?

AFAIK the limitation still exists for linking with google analytics properties (1 GSC property per GA property) - but now at leasdt we can see aggregate data for property set in GSC Search Analytics.