Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Limits of Data Import for regular accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what are the limits of data import for regular account (not analytics 360)?

I have found this in the documentation:

Lifetime Extended Data Import storage limit (does not apply to hit data sent from the Collection APIs and SDKs):

• 360 limits for processing time import mode:
    • 1 TB per property.
    • 20 GB per data set .
  • 360 limits for query time import mode:
    • 1 GB per property.
    • 1 GB per data set.
  • 50 Data Sets per property.
  • 50 upload operations per property per day.
  • Maximum file upload size of 1GB.

(https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6016094?hl=en)

BUT - It isn't clear what are the limits for regular account. 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hadar F
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Standard limits: (there is no time import modes for regular accounts)
10 GB per property
10 GB per data set

50 Data Sets per property

50 upload operations per property per day
1 GB per uploaded file
Cost Data specific limits:
100 MB per date (ga:date) per data set. For example, if you import 50 MB data for 2014-10-10 in one upload and 50 MB data for 2014-10-10 in a second upload, you have reached the 100 MB limit for 2014-10-10 for that data set.

From the API documentation:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/limits-quotas

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mike - I wonder if you know the answer to this question - still on the subject of data import and API limits:

GA documentation says this: "Uploaded data needs to be processed before it appears in reports. Once processing is complete, it may take up to 24 hours before the imported data is applied to incoming hit data."  https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014867?hl=en&ref_topic=6231233

Does this mean that there is a delay in applying imported GA data to events.  I.e. some events may come through as "not set" in the first 24 hours and stay that way permanently, or that there is a delay in applying  imported data to events in reports, so that you might see "not set" for up to 24 hours but this is corrected shortly after.

To put the same question differently, if a retailer adds a product to their website in real-time, and at the same instant, they import data about that product through the API.  If someone views the product on the website 5 minutes later, would it be possible to see the imported product data in GA reports (even if takes 24 hours for the imported data to appear)?

Does the "50 upload operations per property per day" mean that if they add more than 50 products to their site every day, then they would hit the limit using a real-time system?  I.e., they would have to batch import instead?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Usually imported data is tacked on (linked to) to the GA data. The GA data is available when it gets processed (usually fast), and the imported data is added later. Your product would see sales or pageviews, but getting a report aggregated by an imported attribute (like color, maybe) would take the extra time.

Yes, do not use a real-time upload if you are worried about limits; batch the uploads at the end of the day.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.