Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Language report - a new strange 'language' shows up in the list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help in understanding what is this strange group that appears in the language list of my reports: Secret.google.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!

google is written in a strange character - I'm attaching an image.

I asked the webagency I'm working with and could not get an answer if it is a potential problem or what.

This is happening since the US election day, nov 8th, not before, and the number of visitors is increasing every day. And I am not US based.

Any idea? Any help?

Thank you in advance

secr.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Language report - a new strange 'language' shows up in the list

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Try adding a filter in admin->property->views->filter and exclude the traffic with page title "Secret.google.com"trump.JPG

Thanks

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi gaia i am here

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
It is data spam, a known issue for Google Analytics and other analytics tracking solutions.

The following is a long but recommended read, it will show you how to check your reports and recognise the various types of data spam that can occur

along with how to create Views and apply the necessary filters to keep your data clean going forward and create segments to look at historical report data without all the rubbish

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here