Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing page vs page: No conversion data available for page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have implemented a contact form on each page of my website and I have implemented event tracking for use of the contact form. 

When I run a custom report with Dimension: Landing Page and Metric: <Goal 1 Completions>, I see values for the completions of people who used the contact form.

However, when I run a custom report with Dimension: Page and Metric: <Goal 1 Completions>, I see only 0 for the completions of people who used the contact form.

Why does this happen?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Praveen A
September 2016

Re: Landing page vs page: No conversion data available for page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Landing pages are associated with the session (one landing page per session). Goals are associate with the session. There are multiple pages associated with a session (and your goal may be an event, not a page), so GA won't associate the goal with any of the pages. This is what is referred to as the scope of the dimensions and metrics -- session vs page vs event. You can report lower metrics (pageviews) with higher dimensions (country), but not lower dimensions (page, event category) with higher metrics (sessions) or cross-scopes (like pages with event goal completions).
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

I came here with the same exact question as Praveen and your answer makes sense to me, but I am still having some difficulty with this:

Let's say on an interior page I have a video like http://www.example.com/video with event tracking on the play button. I also have a conversion/goal if someone gets to that page and plays the video. I don't care if they landed directly on the video page from search or it is the 2nd or 10th page in their session. I just need to know out of everyone who saw that page what percentage is clicking play. I believe I can do this manually by going to two reports to get the pageviews for that page and then the events that occurred on the page and doing the math myself... but shouldn't there be an easier way to do this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Create a custom Segment that looks for sessions that included your target Page, and then look at the Goal Conversion Rate metric, or any of the standard Goals reports.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.