Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing page tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I recently sent an e-mail campaign and in that e-mail i only made two links available only but while checking it in google analytic for that particular campaign i see few number of landing page coming up for the pages whose link i didn't provide in the e-mail campaign. Hence could any one put some insight into this matter.

Kind regards

Sumit Gautam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google Analytics uses a last-non-direct-attribution model, meaning the last non-direct source is applied to any direct visit from a specific user.

If a person clicks one of your links, they get the campaign as a source. If they then directly visit any other page in another session, that session inherits the campaign as the source. Direct visits from the same users could be from a 30-minute delay while browsing your site (the first sessions times out and a new 'direct' session is started), or they bookmark a page while on the site and go back to it later, or they simply leave their browser tab open and happen to look at it again later.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Landing page tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind insight on the matter. It really helps be better understand issue more better now.

Once again thank you.

Kind regards