Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing page report: pages with store view parameter have abnormally high conversion rate - Magento

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm afraid this is a complicated issue to explain, and not really an analytics issue, but I hope someone can help. 

A client has a Magento webshop in 3 languages (3 different domain names/extensions). We have an issue where the parameter /?___store=nl&___from_store=nl is attached to many landing pages, including the homepage. This happens with landing pages from various sources, such as direct traffic, organic, cpc and refferal. 

In the landing page report in Analytics we have both the landing page / and the landing page /?___store=nl&___from_store=nl . We know the parameter has to do with Magento settings (it's not an Analytics issue), but the strange thing is that all landing pages with this parameter attached have a high conversion rate, way higher than average. 

Does anyone have some clue as to what's happening here? We have the domain name listed in the referral exclusion list, as well as different external paymant providers. Should anyone wish to check the website: it's ergomax.nl. 

Many thanks! 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page report: pages with store view parameter have abnormally high conversion rate - Mage

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

high conversion rates usually translates to that that you are somewhere near the end at checkout process so I would start from there.

Check the navigation path (what were the previous pages and what where the next pages) of that URL with parameters.

Let me know if you need me to dive into details.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.