Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing page for direct traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my website direct traffic increased from 10% to 40% the weird thing is that google analytic say that the landing page of the direct session are not the home page how can that happen, note that my webiste is a news site and the landing page of the direct session was mostly for one news article, which has a random link impossible to memorize and enter directly through!
The other weird thing is that even though our website in Palestine and regularly around 80% of traffic comes from here this month and mostly from the direct traffic the traffic is almost 30 % Palestinians 30% Saudi's !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page for direct traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Muaiyed,

Sounds like a referral-spam issue. Check your referrer and hostname reports for strange entries and try to exclude them in of you filter if applicable.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

99.94% of my session host name are my website! others vary between translate.googlecontent or webcach.googlecontent to proxy site and some weird name domains! the 99.94 %  get normal page/session and bounce rate the  others are either 0% or 100%, when put country as a second dimension Palestine will get 32.29% while saudi gets 27.59%!  could it still be spam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi : Have you checked for Cross domain best practices??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no i didn't and i do not know how would that affect, please help