Analytics
4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page report is not loading

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone else having trouble with their landing page report not loading?  I am viewing the following report:

acquisition - traffic - all channels - organic - landing page

I have viewed this report many times a day for a year without issue, but over the past 5 days or so it stopped working. When I get to the organic portion—which defaults to Keyword—I click on the Landing Page option. The page appears to load, but Analytics just refreshes the keyword report, and the yellow "...loading" box stays at the top of the page.

The only change we made to our analytics recently was to divert all AMP traffic into a separate property, as it seemed to be causing issues with our direct and organic traffic.

But I think this wouldn't impact the actual functionality of analytics, rather it would result in no data sent to a report if we did something wrong.

I am using a Macbook Pro (2013 retina) running Sierra v10.12.5, and using Chrome as my browser.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No problem on my end - but you can always try clearing your cache and cookies. If anything, it's probably a temporary glitch. Is it the only report that is causing trouble? If so, this is odd.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same issue at the same path you described. 

I don't understand what the issue is, I think I may just contact Google directly, because I have already tried clearing my cache.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Exactly the same issue? Only this report? Do you have the new UX with the "Home" menu?

Use the "Send Feedback" found at the very bottom of that page. The more people report this problem, the higher the chance it will be fixed promptly (I don't have any issue with multiple views, properties & accounts)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'll elaborate on my issue. 

I use an Analytics account that has direct access to many client accounts, and what seems to be occurring is that any time I would try and open the landing page report found at path Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels > Organic Search, and select "Landing Page" as the primary dimension, the yellow box with the "Loading ..." status would display on top (as described earlier), and the window would essentially freeze in place, remaining on the current screen. This was true regardless of the which client account I was accessing. 

The only way I have managed to get past this, was click on the link found on the bottom right-hand corner of the report window, where it states "Refresh Report".

In short, the issue is that since late last week, if I choose a primary dimension other than what is currently displayed, the report fails to load. 

I have just tested to see if this issue was true for other channels, and it seems like it is. So there is an issue specifically with choosing primary dimensions within channels on any acquisition report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to note, I don't think I have the new UX, as I do not see a "home" button. I know Adwords has changed recently, but I have not seen anything that radical happen on Analytics, if that is what you mean.

Also, I have Sent Feedback to Google on this just now. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ramon. I'm glad I'm not nuts. I'll try contacting Google as well

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Jonas,
I came here to ask the exact same question as you - I've not been able to access the landing page report for a few days now. Tried different browsers, different Google Analytics accounts, clearing cookies, etc.
So I think this is an issue at Google's end.

Thanks,
Matt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here as well, reported to google.  Using the "refresh report" button mentioned by Ramon does work, thanks Ramon.