Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Report - Transactions disappear after adding source/medium dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In the Landing Pages report, I am seeing transactions for a certain landing page. However, when I add Source/Medium as a secondary dimension, they disappear.

I wanted to investigate more so I added Trasaction ID as a secondary dimension instead and was able to get the Source/Medium for individual transactions using a Custom Report.

I have also tried pulling this data in through Google Analytics API Add-On in Sheets and having the same problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Landing Page Report - Transactions disappear after adding source/medium dimension

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, 

Maybe as part of investigation it's good to create Custom Report with "Landing Page" and "Source Medium" + "Transactions" as a metric? if it's working then maybe it means it's a temporary problem with Landing Page report... 

Sorry it's not precise answer, but hopefully it gives some hints!

Seb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried creating a report with that combination of metrics & dimensions and I still cannot see the transactions. Only when I look up by Transaction ID do they appear (keeping the landing page filter in place)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Charlotte L

Would you be able to send screenshot? I've tried it on my GA and worked fine...

Thanks,

Sebastian