Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Lack of demographic data Age

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently enabled the demographics and interests. I have data in categories affinity for the interests and data for sex for demographics but nothing for the Ages!

Could you help men please ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pierre C
August 2016

Re: Lack of demographic data Age

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Pierre,

You have to reach a threshold of enough users in which the data is available for anything to show in the reports. Give it some time. There are also some other dimensions in which the data is not combinable; e.g. transactionId.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is typically the threshold? 

The challenge for me is that I don't want to launch an app without having proper Google Analytics settings. And it sounds like testers are not sufficient to show any data? If this is the case, how do we know if the Demographic data will be available once an app is launched? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

It will come in once you have enough of a variety of users.  As long as you have the GA deployed and opted in, you will get the data eventually.  There is no code customization, etc. for it.  You either opt in or don't.

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn