Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Keywords in Analytics Help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Normally GA doen't show keyword data.

But I noticed when linking adwords with analytics there is an option appear called keyword,when I hover over this this says all keywords,both paid and unpaid used by users to reach your site.

What does it means?

Does it mean if i link adwords with analytics then organic keywords also show with paid keywords?

Just puzzled.Need concrete answer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Soumik,

It will only show your paid keywords.  Organic keywords are only available when a user is not using the secure Google search which, at this point, is an unusable sample from in app and some other searches.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

So the hover info should tell that,I believe.

But in summary it will only show paid keywords(adwords)?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Soumik,

I think they are just being economical by using the same hover anytime the keyword dimension is used.   If you drill into Campaigns and select paid keywords or organic keywords you'll get the same thing.  So in the Organic Keyword report, it's "filtered" for organic, there are no paid keywords and yet the hover is the same.  

You could fill out a correction request but my guess is they would call this a "feature" and not a bug.  Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn